Go To Search
Activities and EventsCommunityTown HallServicesI Want To...

Form Centre

By signing in or creating an account, some fields will auto-populate with your information and your submitted forms will be saved and accessible to you.

Film Permit Application

  1. If you wish to use any of Banff's public places to film for commercial purposes, you will need a Film Permit. (Public places include streets, roads, parks, playgrounds, recreational areas, environmental reserves, parking lots and pathways within the town's boundaries.)

  2. Commercial Film (still and motion) permits cost $263 per day, or for any portion of a day. Banff charitable and non-profit organizations are exempt from the fee, as are owners and operators of public utilities. Film permit fees will be waived if rental fees have been paid for the public place being used for the shoot.

    Bylaws most often applicable to filming are: a) Bylaw 16-4 Traffic Control Bylaw b) Bylaw 124 Streets & Public Place Use Bylaw c) Section 10 of Banff Land Use Bylaw No. 31, which governs Signs

  3. Indicate requested location, date start & end times

  4. Indicate requested location, date start & end times

    *Street Use Permits may be required

    *Street Use Permits may be required

  5. Indicate requested location, date start & end times

  6. Indicate requested location, date start & end times

    *Street Use Permits may be required

    *Street use permits may be required

    Indicate how you plan to inform the residents and businesses of any traffic delays and road closures.

  7. Indicate the number of commercial vehicles for the film & where they will be based. Street Use Permits will be required for certain locations. **One vehicle or less, simply state "Not Applicable- one non-commercial vehicle only"

  8. Town of Banff requires a certificate of insurance in the amount of $2 million general liability naming "Town of Banff" and "Her Majesty the Queen in the Right of Canada as represented by the Parks Canada Agency" as additional insured.

  9. For the purposes of the Occupational Health & Safety Act, the sponsoring group is the prime contractor for all areas of Town property used during the event/shoot. The Town of Banff reserves the right to revoke a permit issued for an event/shoot and to cancel an event/shoot for any reason and shall not be responsible for any associated costs or damages.

  10. Please type name in here or insert digital signature if being sent electronically.

  11. Eamonn Reil 403-762-1221 eamonn.reil@banff.ca

  12. Leave This Blank:

  13. This field is not part of the form submission.