Go To Search
Activities and EventsCommunityTown HallServicesI Want To...
Street Use Permit
Street Use PermitsRequirements for a street use permit:
  • Submit application a minimum of 2 business days prior to project start date for review
  • Active business licence with the Town of Banff
  • Sketch of proposed closure detailing location and where signage will be placed
  • Traffic control and safety plan drawing
  • Read Street Use Terms and Conditions at the back of the application and sign at the bottom
Please note: Street use permit is not valid unless signed and paid for in full 24 hours in advance
Payment accepted: Debit, cheque or cash

Permit Application:

Submit Application to:

In person:
Banff Town Hall

110 Bear Street
PO Box 1260
T1L 1A1


Fax: 403.762.1260


What Needs a Street and Public Place Use Permit?
  • Road, lane or sidewalk closures
  • Placement or parking of any building materials, tools or machinery
  • Parking of any vehicle for longer than the posted limit
  • Loading or unloading material, machinery, or equipment
  • Construction or excavation on a public space
  • Utility excavations

Special Event Road Closures
Event road closures are managed by the destination events coordinator. Find out more information about special event road closures, applications and guidelines. 

Sidewalk Seating/Cafe Permits
Sidewalk Seating/Cafe Permits are managed by the planning department. Call 403.762.1215 for details.

Busking Permits
ID required. Submit applications in person at Banff Town Hall. Call 403.762.1200 for details.