The Banff Greenhouse Gardening Society operates three community greenhouses in the Town of Banff. Plots are in high demand and are issued on a lottery basis.
To volunteer, or for more information, email email@example.com
Applications Open March 8
Banff residents who would like a greenhouse plot in 2021 are able to apply at banff.ca/register starting March 8. The Banff Greenhouse Gardening Society holds a lottery for about 80 plots available. The application to participate in the lottery is open until March 28.
- Annual Membership Fee: $5 (applicant fee will be applied first year membership)
- Annual Plot Fee: $40 (includes seeds)
- Damage Deposit: $20 (refunded by November 15 if plot returned in condition received)
COVID Safety Comes First
In efforts to ensure everyone remains safe while gardening during the COVID-19 pandemic, please follow these procedures:
Even Numbered Plots: Access to gardens will be on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays
Odd Numbered Plots: Access to gardens will be on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays
If you or anyone in your household are displaying symptoms (such as fever, cough, muscle aches, tiredness or difficulty breathing) please do not enter the greenhouses. If you are unwell, please visit Banff.ca/covid for health related information.
- Wash your hands prior to entering the gardens (public washrooms are open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day at the recreation grounds. There are no washrooms presently available at The Fenlands)
- Use the hand sanitizer upon entering.
- Bring your own gardening gloves and tools (communal tools are not available at this time).
- While in the greenhouses, please ensure you maintain a distance of 2 meters from other gardeners at all times.
- No more than three gardeners are permitted in a greenhouse at one time.
- Children should only be brought to the garden on an as needed basis and should be closely supervised.
- Gardeners are encouraged to wear face masks.
- Avoid touching your face, nose, mouth and eyes.
- Remove all garbage and waste following each use.