Community Grants Committee
Become a Member of the Community Grants Committee
See the recruitment profile below then Apply Online
The Community Grants Committee reviews grant applications and recommends financial allocations to Council for projects that enhance quality of life for residents under three funding streams:
- 1) Community Wellbeing for registered non-profits charities, or societies or community groups serving Banff up to $10,000 per grant.
- 2) FCSS Building Bridges for local non-registered community groups and individual/s who are eligible, as per the FCSS funding agreement with the province up to $2000 per grant.
- 3) Positive Environmental Impact for registered non-profit charities, societies or community groups serving Banff up to $10,000 per grant
- 2.1 As per the Community Grants Committee Terms of Reference, the Committee consists of five (5) public members.
- 2.2 Residents of Banff.
- 2.3 Persons 16 years of age or older.
- 3.1 Non-resident of Banff.
- 3.2 Residents less than 16 years of age.
- 3.3 Members of Council.
- 3.4 Town of Banff employees.
4.0 DESIRED COMPETENCIES
- 4.1 Public members should include representatives from various age and cultural demographics of the community and interest areas such as recreation, social, business etc.
- 4.2 Capable of providing a wide perspective on issues.
- 4.3 Ability to work collaboratively with other committee members and with administration.
- 4.4 Communication/interpersonal skills to facilitate discussion.
- 4.5 A commitment to making Banff the best it can be for its residents.
- 4.6 Integrity and high ethical standards.
- 4.7 Strong decision-making skills.
5.0 TIME COMMITTMENT
- 5.1 Committee meetings will be scheduled annually by the Committee, typically in the spring. Meetings will be approximately two-four hours in length, based on the work requirements of the committee.
- 5.2 Preparation time for meetings.
- 5.3 Representation at Council meetings as required.
- 6.1 Public Members may be appointed for two (2) consecutive terms of up to three (3) years. Member term lengths shall be time staggered to allow for succession planning.
- 7.1 Orientation by Community Services staff.
- 7.2 Ongoing Community Services staff support/liaison.
8.0 GENERAL DUTIES
- 8.1 Understand and demonstrate a commitment to the Committees’ mandate and programs.
- 8.2 Prepare for meetings by reading agendas, minutes, reports, and other documentation required to actively participate in them.
- 8.3 Attend meetings.
- 8.4 Contribute skills and knowledge by participating actively in meetings and committee work.
- 8.5 Make inquiries when clarification or more information is needed.
- 8.6 Avoid any potential conflicts of interests.
- 8.7 Understand and maintain confidentiality.
- 8.8 Ensure the board is complying with all statutory and legislative requirements.
- 9.1 Voluntary role. Service on the Town of Banff Community Grant Committee is without remuneration.
Community Grants Committee
The Community Grants Committee reviews grant applications and recommends financial allocations to council for projects that enhance quality of life for residents under two grants: Community Grants for registered non-profits charities or societies and the FCSS Building Bridges Grants for local non-registered community groups and/or individuals.
|Lori Bayne||Public Member|
|Heather Dempsey||Public Member|
|Claire Kirby||Public Member|
|Brio Hempstead||Public Member|
|Shawn Friesen||Public Member|