New for 2021
Provides prospective candidates with additional information about running for Town of Banff Council.
Printed copies will be available at the front counter of Banff Town Hall - 110 Bear Street. This booklet has been compiled as a service to candidates and contains the required forms for a candidate's nomination.
Town Bylaws, Policies and Resources
- Bylaw 198-2 Elections Procedure Bylaw
- Town of Banff Municipal Election 2021: Candidate’s Guide
- Town of Banff Voter Eligibility Election Map
- Policy C1005 - Council Remuneration
- Bylaw 429 - Council Code of Conduct
Government of Alberta Legislation
- Local Authorities Election Act (LAEA)
- Voter Identification Requirements
- Municipal Government Act
- Education Act
Municipal Affairs Resources
- Alberta Municipal Affairs municipal election website
- A Candidate's Guide: Running for Municipal Office in Alberta
- Implementation Fact Sheets - Local Authority Election Act, 2018 & 2020
- Third Party Advertising Guidelines
- Roles and Responsibilities of Municipal Officials
- Pecuniary Interest for Municipal Councillors
- What Every Councillor Needs to Know - A Council Member Handbook
Contact the Returning Officer, Libbey McDougall, via email or by phone at 403-762-1209.
Banff Town Hall
110 Bear Street
Box 1260, Alberta Canada,
Note: The information on this website is provided for the convenience of reference only. Candidates are subject to further requirements in the Local Authorities Election Act. Candidates are advised to refer to the LAEA and obtain legal advice regarding the full extent of their obligations.