Fenlands Fitness Room
The Town of Banff is home to a small cardio and free weight room at The Fenlands Banff Recreation Centre. Fitness room use includes:
- Shower and locker access
- Cardio equipment including treadmills, an elliptical, upright bike, recumbent bike, rower, spin bike and more.
- Strength equipment including dumbbells, half squat rack, Olympic flat bench, kettlebells and more.
- Stretching equipment including bands, mats, rollers and more.
Public Hours of Operation:
8:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m. daily
Closed on public holidays
Note: Facility hours may be extended for public programs and private bookings on a daily basis.
Teen Gym is a time for youth between the ages of 13 - 15 to use fitness room under supervision of a gym attendant. Youth must first complete a free orientation.
Wednesdays from 4 - 5 p.m.
Ages: 13 – 15
Cost: Drop-in or Membership Fee
Fitness Room Orientation
This one-hour orientation is the perfect way to learn about gym equipment if you’re new to the fitness room. Our certified instructor will show you how to use all the equipment so you can work out safely and confidently. Registration is required.
Wednesdays from 5 - 6 p.m.
Drop-in & Pass Rates
|Pass Type||Adult (18-54)||Senior (55+)||Youth (12-17)||Child (5-11)||Family (up to 2 adults & their dependents who reside in the same household)|
Note: The Banff Activity Pass does not include access to The Fenlands Fitness Room – a drop-in fee, 3 month or 10 pass must be purchased. 3 Month and 10 Punch Passes can be used by non-residents for scheduled public drop-in sessions.
Fitness Room Rules & Etiquette
- Must aged be 16 or older to use the fitness room (Note: parent or guardian must sign the waiver for persons aged 16 – 17)
- Sign-in at the front desk each visit.
- Personal and/or private training not permitted.
- Store belongings in lockers in the changeroom. Small coin operated lockers for valuables located in the lobby.
- Treat all users with kindness and respect.
- Clean indoor running shoes, shirt and shorts must be worn.
- Food is not permitted.
- Do not make protein drinks in the sink as other users may have allergies or dietary restrictions.
- No pictures, videos and please use headphones if listening to music.
- Wipe down all equipment with the cleaner provided and dispose of cloths or paper towels in the appropriate bin.
- Limit use of cardio machines to 20 minutes when others are waiting.
- No heavy lifting or dropping of weights.
- Do not use more than one machine at a time.
- Chalk is not permitted.
- Collars are always required on bars.
- Neatly and gently stack all weights following use.
Maximum of 8 Persons