The Town of Banff selects talented individuals with a wide range of skills, expertise, and backgrounds to keep our municipality functioning and to deliver essential services and outstanding programs. Every function of every job at the Town plays a vital role in the memory and experience of the people in Banff - no matter how long they are here.
The Town of Banff demonstrates employment equity by selecting applicants with the talent, skills, ability and innovation to support an effective and diverse a workforce as possible. Individuals who may require accommodation throughout the recruitment process are encouraged to reach out to the Town of Banff’s Human Resources team: email@example.com.
Stage One: Submit Your Application
- Select the role that you believe is the best fit for you based on education, experience and skills.
- Review the posting thoroughly to ensure you understand the requirements as they will be different for each role.
- Follow the application process as specified at the bottom of each posting by submitting a cover letter and resume that outlines your past education, experience and skills.
- The Town of Banff will only contact those individuals who have been selected for an initial phone call or interview.
Stage Two: Initial Phone Call
- Depending on the role, the hiring leader may decide to conduct a short phone call with you to discuss the role, your interest in the role and a brief overview of your experience.
- During this call, the leader may also ask about your housing requirements. The Town of Banff is proud to offer a variety of employee housing units, including short-term and long-term leases. However, units are based on availability and are not guaranteed.
Stage Three: Interview
- The interview stage gives us the opportunity to get to know more about you both professionally and personally.
- You will have the opportunity to highlight your experience and how it can help you succeed within the specific role and within the Town of Banff.
- You will also be able to ask the hiring leader any questions about the position, department or the Town of Banff.
Stage Four: References
- If you are the top candidate for the specific role, the Town of Banff will conduct formal reference checks.
- You will be asked to provide 3 references who can speak to your previous work experience. These references should be someone who was your direct manager in a previous role.
Stage Five: Final Decision
- Once all interviews and reference checks have been completed, the hiring leader will reach out to you to let you know if you are selected as the final candidate. The hiring leader will also reach out to all interviewed candidates to inform them of the final decision.