Fenlands Banff Recreation Centre
The Fenlands Banff Recreation Centre is home two rinks, a curling rink, fitness room and other rental facilities and hosts a variety of public drop-in sessions and community classes and programs.
The Fenlands is also home to the Fenlands Hockey and Skate Shop. Be sure to stop by and check out all the great gear and accessories on sale now or, rent some ice skates. Skate sharpening services are also available.
Public Hours of Operation:
8:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m. daily
Closed on public holidays
Note: Facility hours may be extended for public programs and private bookings on a daily basis.
Register for a Program or Class
Register for programs or classes offered by the Town visit, at Banff.ca/Register.
Drop-in Sessions & Services
The Fenlands is home to a variety of scheduled drop-in public sessions. To view the spring and summer schedule and to access many of the great drop-in sessions including public skating, yoga, dance, roller skating, skateboarding and more visit, www.banff.ca/dropincalendar. Town of Banff residents can access many of the scheduled drop-in sessions for free with a Banff Activity Pass. Roller- and ice-skating rentals are also free of charge for Banff Access cardholders.
Other drop-in services available for free at The Fenlands include a bike repair station, ping-pong, air hockey, billiards, a mini-library, foosball and more. BanffLIFE also hosts a variety of drop-in social nights for young adults each month. To learn more visit, www.banff.ca/banfflife.
The Fenlands is also home to a small fitness room. To learn more about the space and user rates visit, www.banff.ca/fitness.
The Fenlands Banff Recreation Centre includes two ice skating rinks, a seasonal indoor turf field, fitness room, four curling sheets, a concourse, concession, meeting rooms and a lounge. Facilities can be booked for private events, tournaments, and more. Check facility rental availability here. For information about our current facility rental rates click here.
The Fenlands is home to:
- An NHL sized arena with 4 dressing rooms (Arena 2) and spectator bleachers for 90 persons. The arena is also available for indoor field turf rentals from mid-April to September each year.
- A full-sized arena with 4 dressing rooms (Arena 1) and spectator bleachers for 500 persons.
- The Fenlands Fitness Room
- A concourse with views of mountain vistas and capacity for 200 persons (note: private rentals not accepted from October to May annually).
- A full-service lounge and bar with capacity for 80 persons (note: private rentals not accepted from October to May annually, unless through the Banff Curling Club).
- Two modern meeting rooms with classroom audiovisual capabilities for between 40-50 persons.
- Arena dry floors, perfect for your next tradeshow, conference or large-scale special event. Each of the three arenas has a capacity between 400 – 700 persons (note: private rentals for the dry floors are not accepted from October to May annually).
- Public shower services are available between May and September.
- The indoor Family Fun Zone from May to September each year.
- Banff Greenhouse Gardening Society Greenhouse #3
Family-owned and operated, Oh Bento Banff caters not only to our sports community during the winter at The Fenlands Banff Recreation Centre, but also caters for weddings, private functions and special events. Some of our local favorites from their menu include the Bento Box, sushi rolls, burgers and pizza. Don’t forget to check out their specials! (Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Vegetarian options available)
Facility Rental Insurance Program
To purchase insurance for your next tournament, room rental or event at Town of Banff facilities, please visit banff.instantriskcoverage.com. Instant Risk Coverage is a third-party company offered through the AUMA. Clients may have their own insurance policy or wish to purchase through another private vendor. See this PDF for tips while filling out the application.
Curling in Banff
The Banff Curling Club operates the curling facilities at The Fenland from mid-September to April each year. The club offers private rentals, instruction, league play and a variety of drop-in programs. To learn more visit, banffcurlingclub.ca
The HUB Bike Workshop
The HUB, operated by the Bow Valley Community Cruisers, is a space at The Fenlands where residents can use tools and an indoor workshop space to fix their bikes. Volunteers are also regularly on hand to help with bike repairs, tips & tricks. To get a HUB membership or find out how you can volunteer visit, http://www.communitycruisers.ca.
Open Tuesdays from 5 – 8 p.m. weekly.
Banff Minor Hockey & Skating Club
Banff Minor Hockey and Banff Skating Club are independent, non-profit children’s sporting organizations. Each organization offers a variety of affordable registered programs for local children and youth to learn and develop their ice skating and hockey skills. To learn more visit:
KidSport Bow Valley and the Canadian Tire Jumpstart programs provide funding to help qualifying families with registration and equipment fees. To learn more visit, https://kidsportcanada.ca/alberta/bow-valley/ and https://banff.ca/861/Jumpstart-Bow-Valley.
The Town of Banff is exploring options for renovating the recreation centre. Visit the Fenlands project page at https://banffviewpoints.ca/fenlands for details.