The 2021 grants are now open. The deadline is Wednesday, May 12, 2021.
Up to date information for Alberta Health current COVID requirements can be found here when planning project activities, programs and events COVID-19 info for Albertans | Alberta.ca This information may change rapidly, so applicants should refer to this website frequently.
For further COVID health guidance information the Banff contact is Kori.Woodard@albertahealthservices.ca or phone the general environmental health number for requests: 1.855.943.2288.
If you need assistance completing your application, contact Community Development Coordinators at 403.762.1254 or email Ruth Pryor
The Town of Banff’s Community Grants provide support to Banff’s non-profit societies, community organizations, and individuals. Funding is available through two grants:
- For registered non-profit charities and societies in Banff.
- Projects, programs, events, operating costs, equipment or start-up funds that benefit Banff residents and enhance their quality of life in accordance with the Town of Banff’s vision, goals, and strategic priorities.
- Total grant money available has been increased for 2021 from $10,000 to $20,000.
- Municipal Community Grants Funding Guidelines and Criteria (PDF)
FCSS Building Bridges Grants
- For community and neighbourhood groups and individuals in Banff and Lake Louise.
- Projects that fit with the Family & Community Support Services (FCSS) mission of strengthening the social well-being of individuals, families and community (recreation initiatives that achieve this mission will be considered).
- Typical grant size is between $100 and $2,000. Total grant money available has increase from $6,000 to $11,000 for 2021, 2022 & 2023.
- Building Bridges Grant Program Guidelines and Criteria (PDF)
Other Grant Applications
The application deadline has been set after the Banff Canmore Community Foundation grant decisions will have been made. If you are applying to both the Foundation grant and a Town of Banff grant for the same project, please submit it after a decision has been made by the Foundation so the full financial information for the project can be included.
Bow Valley wide projects might be eligible to apply to the Town of Canmore grants deadline end of May 2021 https://canmore.ca/residents/awards-grants/community-grants . Please include information on applying for these funds in your submitted budget.
Applications will be reviewed and adjudicated by the Community Grants Committee and recommended recipients and amounts will be forwarded to Banff Town Council for final approval in June 2021. Funded projects must be delivered by June 30, 2022. To be eligible to apply for a grant in 2022 project and grant reports need to be completed by the March 2022 grant application deadline.
- Banff Community Plan
- Banff Town Council Strategic Priorities
- Banff Community Social Assessment
- Banff Recreation Plans
- Tips for a Successful Grant Application
2020 FCSS Building Bridges Grant
- Katarina Morsley – Preventative Dental Clinic supplies: $2,000
- Ethiopian and Eritrean Group – Haregu Ghebremedhin – Culture and Traditional Food project: $1,200
- Aurora Borin and Heather Jean Jordan – Banff Community Holiday Concert 2020 tech support and artists: $1,000
- Santa's Anonymous – Christmas Hamper Support Program campaign, social media and data entry support: $1,000
- Bow Valley Netball Club – equipment request: $1,000
- Jitka Mandikova and moms – Cloth Diapering Workshops: $1,000
- Banff Elementary School Parent Council – Teacher classroom enrichment supplies support: $935
- Michelle Backhouse – The Experience Experiment workshops for body and mind tools and self-regulation: $810
- Banff Childcare Centre and Puzzles – Program support due to Covid restrictions staff coverage for sick/ quarantined staff: $2,000
- Banff Mineral Springs Hospital/ Covenant Health Foundation – Rehab Trainer Ergometer arm and leg trainer replacing aged equipment due to high used during Covid: $2,000
- Banff Curling Club – Youth programming: $1,500
- YWCA – Wellness and Connection program digital equipment and basic clothing essentials: $1,450
- House of Mem – programming: $1,250
- The Whyte Museum – An invitation to decorate at Christmas and winter fire pit gatherings: $1,000
- Bow Valley Learning Council – printing and binding of Health and Safety learning documents: $800
2019 Grants Awarded in the Community
Building Bridges Grants 2019
- The Bear Minimum - Making Environmental Product Workshops $2,000
- Banff Pride – Pride in the Park event 2019 $500
- The Crush Collective Crushing-It: Woman’s Climbing Technique Clinics $1,638
- Banff Community High School Student Council - Council school culture building $1,000
- Filipino - Canadian Association of Bow Valley - Basketball League equipment $500
- Banff Poet Laureate Committee - Banff Poet Laureate workshop/ walk $500
Community Grants 2019
- Palliative Care Society of the Bow Valley - Speaker series & resource guide $2,500
- Banff Sport Medicine Foundation - Knee Injury Prevention Education & outreach $900
- Soroptomists International Banff & Canmore - Dream It, Be It Career Conference for Girls $1,000
- Banff Rundle Playschool Association - New Learning Tools for Students $1,200
Building Bridges Grants 2018 Total: $9,620
- Banff Community Greenhouse accessible beds $1,000
- 3rd Annual Banff Iniskim Powwow volunteer program $1,000
- 1st Banff Scout camping trip $1,000
- Banff Gymnastics Club equipment $1,000
- Banff Rundle Play School Come Try Play School $550
- Banff Skating Club volunteers & materials $1,000
- Lake Louise Recreation Centre & Community Connections beginner winter sports $420
- Banff High School Cultural Community Connections $1,000
- Banff Seniors Society Cascade House musical therapy $750
- St. Martha’s Place connecting seniors $1,000
- Bow Valley Primary Care Network Spring into Health initiative $800
Building Bridges Grants 2017 Total: $8,770
- Valleyview BBQ Block Party $300
- Middle Springs Community Pot Luck $300
- Banff Chess Academy materials $1,250
- Mindfulness-Based Meditation for Chronic Pain materials $1340
- Banff Theatre Collective $1,225
- Food Security Alliance organizational development $1,000
- Food Rescue equipment $1105
- Banff Community High School Food for Learning $1,500
- Bow Valley Palliative Care Society organizational development $750
Building Bridges Grants 2016 Total: $8,715
- Music Festival $545
- Waiters Race $1000
- Food Security/Waste $1350
- Banff Pride Banners $1000
- Music Diversity $1,000
- Invited to Pre-School $800
- Smile Training $1320
- Family Literacy $700
- The Alpine Social Review- $1000
Building Bridges Grants 2015 Total: $8,344.00
- Bow Valley Literacy Program- Storybook- Symbols of our Journeys- $1600.00
- Banff Child Care- Bridging Fund for families awaiting subsidy- $2700
- Banff Pride- Development of website, posters and advertising- $1275
- YWCA- Purchase of tickets for youth to attend- $1,000
- Banff Nordic Ski Society- Funds to help purchase a sled- $1769
Building Bridges Grants 2014 Total: $8,600
- YWCA International Women’s Day $2,750
- Lake Louise Recreation Learn to Play Ball $1,200
- Lake Louise Recreation Coloring Lake Louise $1,300
- Banff High Schools Drama Project $2,750
- Nicole’s Photo Library $600