Here are a few ways to make it a little easier for our community to get around during the winter:
- Obey the "Temporary No Parking" signs, so we can clear the streets without interference.
- Help your elderly and mobility restricted neighbours clear their sidewalks. Find out more about our organized Snow Angel program
- Keep a shovel and supply of sand or gravel handy for sidewalks and driveways.
- Give yourself extra time to get to your destination, drive slowly or consider walking or taking Roam transit whenever possible.
- Tune-up your vehicle for winter driving, check tires and alignment, battery, oil, heater, and keep your gas tank full.
- Be a good neighbour and remove snow from the sidewalk in front of your home within 24 hours of a snowfall. It's also a town bylaw that will be enforced by town Peace Officers.
If you are concerned about a road or sidewalk that has not been cleared, please submit an Action Request.