The Town of Banff welcomes third-party organizations to submit an online application for proposed events that are likely to attract visitors or have a large impact on traffic or parking, and that take place between September long weekend and May long weekend.
Plan a Destination Event
- Review the Special Events Policy C5002-1 (PDF)
- Review our Special Event Guidelines (PDF)
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about requirements, location availability, and date suitability. Contact the event team well in advance of your event.
- Prepare your plan and identify requirements - structures/tents, map of location, medical support, insurance, business licence and other permits (e.g. AGLC), site security, traffic management, intended number of participants, and other logistics.
- Complete the online Special Events application at least 90 days in advance of your event. This ensures we have time to review your request with all authorities and you have enough time address all the requirements of holding an event in Canada's first national park.
- Pay required fees for applications and permits (see current Fees and Charges Bylaw, Schedule N).
- Make sure to apply for a Parks Canada Event Permit if your event is all or partly outside the Town of Banff and within Banff National Park.