Commercial Environmental Rebates
Businesses can take advantage of rebates and incentives offered by the Town to Banff to improve the environmental efficiency of commercial properties.
Effective immediately, the Town will not be accepting any new environmental/solar rebate applications. Applications that were received by the Town on or before April 23, 2020 will still be accepted and processed as usual.
Quarterly solar PV incentive rebate payments are not affected. Rebate cheques will continue to be mailed out to program participants as usual.
Building Energy Use Rebates
Innovative technologies are available to help you reduce energy use or plan for future energy efficient upgrades. Take advantage of these opportunities to lower your utility bills, reduce energy use and reduce the volume of greenhouse gases emitted.
- Window and Door (Energy Star certified for at least Climate Zone 2) Replacement Rebate - $50 post-purchase replacement of Energy Star Windows only qualifies for rebate where the glass frame and sash have been replaced.
- Pre-Project Energy Audit - third of cost post purchase
The Town of Banff’s commercial energy use rebate program includes a rebate to help cover a portion of the costs of pre-project energy audits. Qualifying businesses will receive a rebate for a third of the cost of audits. The energy savings identified in the audit may be eligible for further funding from the Government of Canada.
Energy Efficiency Tools for Your Business:
- Saving Energy Dollars in Hotels, Motels, and Restaurants - The Energy Innovators Initiative (PDF)
- Green Your Business: Toolkit for Tourism Operators
Water Conservation Rebates and Incentives
Reduce water use at your business to lower your utility bills, reduce your impact on groundwater sources and reduce the volume of water treated at the waste water treatment plant.
- Dual-flush toilet replacement - 50 percent post-purchase rebate for each toilet
- High-efficiency toilet replacement (4.8 litres or less) - 50 percent post-purchase rebate for each toilet
How to Apply
Please complete and submit the Commercial Environmental Rebate Application (PDF).