Resident Satisfaction Survey
2023 Resident Satisfaction Survey
- 93% of respondents rate the overall quality of life as very good or good, similar to 2017 (95%) but down from 99% in 2013
- 44% of respondents said the most important issue involve affordable housing, poverty, overall affordability.
- In total, 86% of residents say they are satisfied (very or somewhat) with the overall level and quality of services provided by the Town of Banff, which is consistent with previous years.
- The majority of residents are satisfied with all 21 Banff services assessed, with satisfaction at 90% or higher for seven services and ratings of 70% to 89% for another nine services, for a total of 16 services receiving satisfaction ratings of 70% or more.
- Services receiving the highest satisfaction ratings (90% or more) include Fire rescue and emergency management (96%); Parks, trails, sports fields and other green space (96%); Quality of drinking water (95%); Garbage, recycling and food waste services (94%); Active transportation options such as cycling and walking (91%); Local Roam transit (90%); and Street and sidewalk summer maintenance (90%)
- Compared to 2017, satisfaction has statistically increased for Garbage, recycling and food waste services (94%, up 9 points)
- Satisfaction with parking has also jumped significantly (55%, up 13 points), and residents are stating the level of importance of parking as a service to address has gone down
Past Survey Results
The Resident Satisfaction Survey is conducted every election year to measure community satisfaction with the programs, services and facilities offered by the Town of Banff.