Our Specialty Camps provide exciting opportunities for learning, skill building and fun! With something for everyone, Specialty Camps are a great addition to any child’s summer.
Registration for 2023 Specialty Camp programs will open:
- Banff residents: 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, April 19
- Non-residents: 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, May 17
Lights, Camera, Action! July 3-7
Grades 4 – 8
Be featured in the Banff Walk of Fame Specialty Camp where participants demonstrate their talents in music, dance and drama! Join music teacher Mrs. G for this performance based Specialty Camp. The week concludes with our very own red carpet ceremony and Golden Arts awards!
Resident $195 Non-resident $225
Go BeTween July 17 - 21
Tired of Summer Fun? Get a taste of our Youth Camp programs with a week of excitement and adventure, ending in an overnight campout and surprise trip. The best part? It is for Grade 6’s only!
Resident $245 Non-resident $300
Trailblazers July 24 – 28
Grades 3 & 4
Lace up your hiking boots, and come prepared to explore the trails of our beautiful Bow Valley. Increase your child’s physical literacy while discovering our natural backyard with a certified hiking guide. This week-long camp will take small groups of kids exploring, while introducing them to National Park values and etiquette. The focus will be on the changing outdoor world around us, safety and of course fun! If you are looking for outdoor education, engagement and building self-confidence in your child, this is the camp for you!
Resident $225 Non-resident $280
Wave Runners August 8 - 11
Explore our local waters from a new point of view! With the support of professional coaches from the Bow Valley Kayak Club, participants will learn about kayaking equipment; access, navigation and maneuvering of waterways, safe kayak exits and working towards running our first ever rapids!
Pre-requisite: Although strong swimming is not necessary, participants must feel confident in deep water. Learning how to be upside-down in a kayak is essential in preparing for river-running. For insurance purposes all registrants must obtain a membership with the Bow Valley Kayak Club. Camp fees have been reduced to accommodate the membership fee.
Resident $225 Non-resident $280
Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. (includes lunch hour supervision)
Based out of the Banff Elementary School
- Registration requests will be accepted on a first come, first served basis
- Registration requests will be accepted by email only - not in person or via phone
- Registration requests will only be accepted from 8:30 a.m. onward on registration day. Those received prior to 8:30 a.m. will not be considered
- Registration requests are not a confirmed registration. Registrations will be confirmed by Client Services once your registration is processed and receipt received.
Before you register:
- If you don’t already have an account, please visit banff.ca/register and create an account for you/your family
- Decide which dates you will need for each child you are registering
- When registration is open to you, please send a registration request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include in your request:
- If you need assistance to fill in these forms, paper copies are available at the client services desk prior to registration. Forms must be filed before registration can be completed.
- Client services will leave a message if they are unable to connect with you, but will proceed with responding to other registration requests
To speak with a representative, please call 403.762.1251 or email email@example.com.
Financial assistance is available to help Banff families through the Banff Access Program.