July 23, 2021 - July 25, 2021
Catharine Robb Whyte Building
101 Bear Street
Banff, AB T1L 1A1
Library of Things Donation Drive
Friday, July 23, 2021
Help support our community and declutter your home by donating new or used items to the soon-to-open Library of Things. To populate the lending library program inventory sustainably, the Town of Banff and the Banff Public Library will be hosting a Donation Drive from July 23-25 at the Catharine Robb Whyte Building, 101 Bear Street, in the Pioneer Room from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. We want the Library of Things inventory to be built using second-hand items from the community to allow others access to useful, reused items that they would otherwise have to purchase.
Donation Wish List:
- Hand tools - screwdrivers, pliers, hammers, wrenches etc.
- Power saws - mitre, table, jigsaw, etc.
- Power drill and drill bits
- Extension Cords
- Levels small or large
- Rafter and carpenter squares
- C, F, Spring Clamps
- Stud Finder
- Hand saws
- Utility knives
- Spackling knives
- Wire Cutters
- Car Jack
- Caulking Gun
- Ratchet straps/moving straps
- Gardening supplies
- Bike repair/maintenance supplies - bike pump etc.
- Angle grinder
- Soldering kit
- Socket set
- Various specialty kitchen items - pasta maker, standing mixer, dehydrator, vacuum seal, juicer, cake pans
- Rakes, shovels, snow shovels
- Plumbing equipment
- Landscaping equipment - power tools by electricity/battery only, no gas powered
Items that cannot be donated:
- Sports equipment with safety features such as climbing gear and mountain sports equipment
- child and infant safety equipment (strollers, carseats etc.)
- Items that can be accessed through local rental stores as these items will not be available to borrow from the library.
- Ski and snowboarding gear
- Backpacking and camping equipment
Donation Acceptance Guidelines:
- Items must fall under one of our wish list categories
- Gas powered tools or items containing hazardous waste will not be accepted
- Item must work, be repairable or have parts that could be used for future repairs
- Items must not be modified or missing key components (safety features, attachments)
- Items must be cleaned and free of dirt/grime or cleaning agents
- Donors must be able to unload and carry item to the drop off point
Please email Kinsey.email@example.com with any questions regarding items that you would like to donate.