Banff restaurants opening for in-person service on Monday, Feb.8, according to provincial restrictions are reminded to flush water lines to remove potential microbial and chemical risks from stagnant water. See the "flushing water systems" PDF at https://www.alberta.ca/guidance-documents.aspx#general
On Feb. 8, restaurants in Alberta are allowed to re-open with the following restrictions:
- Maximum of 6 people per table – individuals must be from the same household or the 2 close contacts for a person living alone.
- Tables/dining parties must be 2 metres apart.
- Contact information must be collected from one person of the dining party or the individual if they are dining alone.
- Liquor service ends at 10 pm.
- In-person dining must close by 11 pm.
- No entertainment allowed (e.g., no VLTs, pool tables, live music, etc.).
Masks must be worn outside in Banff’s downtown and anytime moving around inside a restaurant or business.
More info about Alberta’s phased re-opening is at https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx#Step1