Banff residents are invited to a drop-in event that will provide information about purchasing one of the 33 homes in this condominium complex, being built on Banff Avenue. The deadline to apply for a chance to buy is rapidly approaching. This session is designed to help people understand eligibility, the application process, and everything about each dwelling. This session will help people decide about applying for the opportunity to purchase.
The Aster Open House
The Fenlands Banff Recreation Centre
Thursday, December 2, 2021
Drop-in when you want between 12 and 8 p.m.
Proof of vaccination with the QR code is required for attendance.
The Aster is perfect for first-time home buyers because all dwellings are being sold below the usual price in Banff. The costs are kept low because the municipal government is the developer and it does not collect any profit.
The drop-in session will include:
- Displays of floor plans for all types and size of dwelling, showing appliances, flooring, cabinets and price list
- A life-size layout of a one-bedroom home floor plan you can walk through
- Illustrations of the dwellings, common areas and overall design
- Sample material that will be used in the interior finishing
There are more people interested in buying these homes than there are available dwellings because of the quality, the modern design and the cost. The deadline to apply to be selected to purchase one of the homes is Wednesday, December 15, 2021. A draw in January from eligible applicants will set the order of people purchasing the dwelling of their choice until all units are sold.
The Aster Open House on December 2 is an opportunity to ask questions such as:
- Am I eligible to purchase a dwelling?
- How do I find out about a loan from the bank?
- What does each dwelling cost?
- What is needed to complete an application?
- Can staff help prepare an application?
- What is the process for the lottery and purchase day?
- What happens when I sell the dwelling?
- What are the environmental highlights of the project?
Staff from the Town and the Banff Housing Corporation will welcome any questions about the Aster.
No registration is required for this drop-in event. Proof of vaccination is required to attend, according to Alberta’s Restriction Exemption Program.
Don’t miss your chance to own your own home! Learn more at AsterBanff.ca
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact the Housing Development Coordinator:
Banff Housing Corporation