The Town of Banff is replacing and enhancing sidewalks at several intersections in town this fall to improve safety for pedestrians. Crews from Collins Concrete & Bobcat Ltd. will replace sections of sidewalk between September 14 and October 31, 2023.
The work involves removing old concrete, replacing the rebar and concrete for the sloped ramp, gutter and curb at the sidewalk corners of six intersections.
- Post Office (northeast) corner of Buffalo and Bear streets
- Nester’s (northeast) corner of Bear and Lynx streets, near parkade
- Northeast and southeast Corners of Caribou and Lynx streets
- All Four Corners of Squirrel and Elk streets at the elementary school field
- All Four Corners at Wolf and Beaver streets
- Northwest (Fire Hall) and Southwest Corners of Caribou and Beaver streets
Sidewalk closures will be in place during removal and reconstruction work. Pedestrians, please follow all detours and warning signs, and plan ahead to avoid construction. Drivers, please drive slowly with extreme caution around the construction as workers are in place and pedestrians may be detoured onto the roadway.
Map of locations
Tentative schedule – subject to change
Start removals and saw cutting of all sites
- Wolf and Beaver SE
- Wolf and Beaver NE
- Wolf and Beaver NW
- Wolf and Beaver SW
- Caribou and Beaver NW
- Caribou and Beaver SW
- Elk and Squirrel NE
- Elk and Squirrel SW
- Elk and Squirrel NW
- Buffalo and Lynx NE
- Lynx and Bear SE