August 2, 2018
The Banff Fire Department has issued a fire ban for the Town of Banff.
The fire danger conditions are currently listed as extreme. All outdoor fires, including campfires, are prohibited until further notice.
Parks Canada has also issued a fire ban for Banff National Park, including all front and backcountry campgrounds and day use areas. Report any wildfires, illegal campfires, or suspicious smoke to Banff Dispatch 403.762.4506.
This fire ban includes all open fires and prohibits, until further notice, the use of the following items:
- Campfire (No wood or briquette fires)
- Charcoal or briquette barbecues
- Indoor and outdoor wood burning stove
- Turkey fryers
- Tiki torches
This fire ban allows (under direct supervision, and certified by the Canadian Standards Association or Underwriters Laboratories):
- portable propane fire pits
- gas or propane stoves and barbeques designed for cooking or heating
- propane or gas fuelled lanterns (enclosed flame)
- patio heaters (propane, catalytic or infrared/radiant)
The fire ban restriction will be lifted as soon as conditions permit.