Melissa’s Road Race is on Saturday, September 28. There will be some traffic interruptions during the event:
- Full closure from 10:29 a.m. - 10:50 a.m.
- Regular traffic flow by 11:30 a.m.
- Full closure 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Full closure 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Banff Ave (including vehicle bridge) to Wolf St:
- Rolling closure 10:30 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. Rolling reopening
Wolf St., from Banff Ave to Otter St:
- Rolling closure 10:35 a.m. - 10:50 a.m. Rolling reopening
Otter St., from Wolf St to Tunnel Mountain Drive:
- Rolling closure 10:35 a.m. - 11 a.m. Rolling reopening
Tunnel Mountain Drive, from Buffalo Mountain Lodge to The Banff Centre:
- Full closure 7 a.m. - noon. Tunnel Mountain Drive gates will open to the public at noon.
Buffalo St, from The Banff Centre to Muskrat St:
- Vehicles exiting Banff Centre will not be affected
- Ascending lane is closed until the last runner enters the trail system at Muskrat St.
- Access to Banff Centre is via St. Julien Rd (follow detour).
Buffalo St, from Bear St. to Bow Ave:
- Full closure from 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- One dedicated lane to runners until 12:30 p.m.
- Local traffic only from 10 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Access to the Luxton Museum and residences are via the west end of Birch Ave only
- Rolling closure at 10:30 a.m. - 10:50 a.m.
- Expect delays accessing Glen Ave between 10:40 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Bow Falls Ave:
- Rolling closure 10:45 a.m. - 11 a.m. Rolling reopen going towards Bow Falls until runners pass through. Expect delays from Bow Fall to Glen Ave. until 1:30 p.m.
Golf Course Rd:
- 10:40 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. is accessible via escort. Please park in the designated parking stalls to await the security vehicle. Departures are approximately every 20 - 30 minutes